Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December moods

December's here, and time is passing strangely. I'm very busy, but sometimes it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Before I know it China will be over, and it's back to Manchester! But I don't want to think about that. While I'm in China I'm getting some great experiences. Working for Jazz du Funk is rewarding, and I'm loving being back in the dance world!

Something feels like it's missing though... meh, forget about it, I've got lot's to focus on!

Hey, maybe I should actually write something substantial here... I find blog-writing tricky, because I often write about things that affect me emotionally, and never talk about my day-to-day adventures! I'm the thoughtful type, I suppose. But practice makes perfect, right? So here it goes.

I just got back from dinner with my Fudan classmates, which was kindly sponsored by the school (50RMB a student, which is just £5, but still got us some pretty tasty Xi'an food). Our class is an eclectic bunch, one third Thai, one third Japanese, and the rest a motley mix, including one European, and one me. (I don't know how much of an American I really am anymore, but I'm certainly not European!) We chattered away in Mandarin, Thai, English, and Japanese. Our teacher brought her 9-year-old daughter along, because her father wasn't home that evening to watch her. Half the evening was spent happily eating the "restaurant recommended" dishes (some people refused to eat the frog and tiny fish/eel things), and the other half of the evening was taken up by a favourite Asian past-time: taking photos of ourselves. In as many combinations and poses as we could imagine, and playing around with the camera settings. I look forward to seeing them on Facebook! Afterwards we cheerfully returned to student halls, to rest before 8am class tomorrow. Oh, how difficult is the life of the exchange student! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment